Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Make Me A Match by Tori Brighton Review

Hey guys, Sammi here!

Ooh boy am I excited! I have had such a good-book reading stride and I feel super happy about that. It's probably all the branching out in genres that have happened recently. I've read Paranormal, New Adult, and some awesome Adult novels. I've always kinda been set in my YA ways, probably because I'm a young adult myself, haha! Anyways, today I have another book to share with you guys. It's a fairly recent book, no actually really recent, as it came out on Nov. 30th. And guess what? This book is .99 cents in ebook form until Dec. 4! I better tell you what it is!

It is:

This book is a YA Paranormal Romance. Here's the synopsis:

Teenager Emma Watts doesn’t believe in true love. After all, she’s worked for two years in her family’s PI business catching cheating husbands in the act. Then Owen Emerson arrives (while she’s in the middle of a stakeout, no less), claiming Emma has inherited a deceased aunt’s ability to supernaturally match soul mates. Emma wants nothing to do with her aunt’s powers, nor with the frustrating and perfectly handsome Owen Emerson. Too bad she’s stuck with both for the rest of her life. 

Owen Emerson is a Protector, a person fated to protect Matchmakers for eternity. A guy who does things by the book, Owen figures he’ll rationally explain to Emma her newfound abilities and they can have the professional relationship he had with her much older aunt. But as he soon finds out, Emma Watts is anything but professional. Fortunately, when she has her first vision matching two friends, she has no alternative but to believe Owen’s claims. But Owen isn’t the only one interested in Emma. When the supernatural world discovers how to exploit Emma’s matchmaking abilities for their own, she has no choice but to trust the man who holds her life, and her heart, in his hands. 

Doesn't that sound AWESOME? As soon as I saw this on NetGalley, I requested it, and then I went and got the sample so I could start reading immediately. I knew from the start that I would love it. I have since bought the ebook, but my original copy was provided by NetGalley.

So this book doesn't have a bunch of faults. It's action, angst, and hilarity packed. The main character is 17 year old Emma. She's feisty and sarcastic. Everything that happened, she had an opinion or a comment. She is basically an orphan, father dead and mother gone, run off with a man. All her and her sister have is their Grandmother, and she is a royal pain. So I guess that means Emma has a reason to be a little tough.

Owen is DREAMY. He's basically the guy every girl wants. He's protective, attractive, and hard to get. Their whole chemistry was fire. It was very back and forth between the two, which could be a bit of a fault as well. I loved their banter and how their relationship progressed.

The setting was awesome, as well as the plot. I've never read any story that relates back to Cupid. Cupid sired demigods? YES PLEASE. 

The only faults I found were that as sometimes the characters went too back and forth. Like a 180 in their line of thinking in three seconds. I kind of gave me mental whiplash.

I gave this book a solid 5 out of 5 stars.

I want to thank Tori for providing me with such an awesome story! And you readers for taking your time to view this!

Ta-Ta for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment